My Mom and Bryson's Mom Drove up together Sunday to be here to help us with Addie, we had fun shopping all day Monday until I went in to the hospital that night at 8:00 pm. I'm pretty sure Addie was in heaven with her "Two Grandma's" as she called them!
Here she is cheesin it for the last picture as the only child! Poor thing didn't know her world was about to be rocked!
I checked into the hospital Monday night at 8:00 pm to be started. They hooked me right up and got everything going as soon as we got there, I was already dilated to about a 3 so I was already happy considering I went in with Miss A and wasn't dilated at all when they got me started. My mom and Bryson kept me company and then Jessie showed up to hang out with us for awhile. It really was so laid back and I was feeling really good even though I was having some major contractions. Jessie left around 1:00 am and was going to take my mom with her to get some sleep, but my awesome mom decided to just stay and keep me and Bryson company. Bryson slept for awhile and my mom and I tortured ourselves by watching food network in the middle of the night! Around 4:30 am I decided I needed to get some sleep, so I paged the nurse for an epidural. I really wasn't in that much pain at this point, but decided I better get some sleep and was to uncomfortable to be able to. I got my epidural around 5:00 am and the anesthesiologist laughed cause he said he had never seen someone not even flinch when he put the needle in, let's just say the needle does not scare me, on the other hand intense labor without an epidural, terrifies me!!! Right after my epidural they broke my water and said I was dilated to a 4 almost 5. Just like when I had Addie, the epidural decided not to numb the right side of my body and by this time my contractions were killing me! The anesthesiologist decided to give me a large dose of medicine in my epidural at once to see if this would help, but it didn't. So after about an hour or so of feeling pretty miserable and having my blood pressure drop really low, they decided to reposition the needle in my back, they pulled it out almost 3/4 of the way and waited to see if it worked! Thankfully it did and I felt awesome after that!!! Around 9:00 am the nurses checked me and said I was pretty close to a 10,so they paged my doctor and decided to get everything ready for the delivery. They had me do a practice push to see what would happen and the second I started pushing they made me stop cause our little man was ready to come out! Not soon after my Doctor came in and we were ready to have a baby!!! They had me push one big long push and our little man came out at 10:04 am on April 5th! Our Doctor picked him up and laughed and said there is some serious weight on that boy, and sure enough he weighed in at 8 lbs 8 0z and 19 inches long! I had told my Doctor all along that I wanted this boy to come out early because I had a feeling he was going to be big!!! Other then feeling nauseated for about an hour after having Grayson and getting the shakes while all the medicine was wearing off, I cannot complain about this delivery, it was so much easier then Addie's and pushing once to get that baby out was definitely nice!!!
The Delivery Plan
you can tell how much I stressed an epidural :)
At least someone got some sleep while waiting all night right?! hahha
Proud Daddy with his new baby boy who was born on his birthday!
My cute Mom with the G-Man
He looks exactly like Addie did as a newborn
Big Sister meeting her brother for the first time
She was a little nervous, but knew exactly who baby brother was
Baby Brother was nice enough to bring Miss A a present! She absolutely loved her Tangled doll from him!
Addie and Rapunzel
Getting Grayson Dressed for the first time
Can you tell she liked him :)
Daddy and his kids
Our family of Four!!!
I didn't want to forget about my cute hubby's birthday so I bought him an ice cream cake the night before we went into the hospital and had Cindy bring that and some balloons later that night so we could celebrate!
Addie in her PJ's eating her chocaNilla (chocolate and vanilla) cake
We had many visitors that day, but sadly I didn't get pictures of everyone :(
Lovin on Brother
So glad you are here sweet boy! We don't know what we ever did without you!

No comments:
Post a Comment