12.11.2008

Help!

I think I am going to cry! I have not posted anything for awhile now cause my camera is giving me grief! I took a million pictures of Thanksgiving and Addie's Blessing day and now I can't get them to pull up on our computers!!!! I have been using the same SD card for awhile and it has a ton of pictures on it, but all the sudden it is saying the pictures were formatted wrong and won't pull up! I am so sick about this cause we didn't take any other pictures of Addie's big day besides on my camera!!! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I refuse to believe that I can look at the pictures on my camera, but not get them off of there!!!! Help!

5 comments:

photography by Mikki said...

Ok, here is some help. Sometimes SD cards if they bend or if there is any reason they are damaged, it can be a problem. If you see them on your camera and they just don't pull up on your computer. it could be a card reader issue or a lot of things. Its hard to say. You can either purchase or try and find a photo-recovery program. I have one but luckily have never had to use it for myself. I have used it for a friend and it worked and pulled their photos up. Sometimes unfortunately those SD cards in time can wear out and not work really well. If you don't get it fixed in the next couple of days, or can't figure it out, just give me a call and we can hopefully recover those images for you. Hope this helps.

Mikki

~..kass..~ said...

haha I was pretty much going to say what Mick did. You should be ok :)

The Weston's said...

Take it into a specialist. I was sick to my stomach when i lost some pics on my mac. I took it into MacDocs- {SLC} and spent $120- they were able to recover 90% of them, and it was totally worth it. I was so distrot- I know how you feel- I kept telling myself..
"It's okay. I didn't loose my kids, just the pics, it could be worse." Okay maybe that's too much, but it made me feel better! But as Mikki suggested there are recovery programs, but be soooo careful finding them online- some can make it worse. I hope this helps!!!!

Lindsay said...

I was wondering why you werent posting, I guess you have a pretty good excuse! I would be crying too, I hope it works out. I can't wait to see blessing pics! Good luck.

According to Ana said...

HI (this Andrea wilks) i found your blog through Christina's. I have had the same thing happen to me but the solution was pretty simple. I had to plug the camera in to the computer with the USB cord. For some reason it would not work if I put the card directly in to my computer. it's so simple you may have already tried it but i really hope it works

P.S. I think you use to work with my cousin?