Let's just say getting our little girl here was quite the adventure for Bryson and I. We went to the hospital Wednesday night September 3rd around eight to get me started. When we got there I was having some contractions but nothing that was bothering me, so they gave me a pill to thin me out and said they would check on me 4 hours later. When they came back to check I was already having worse contractions and was pretty much all the way thinned out so they started me on pitocin to really get things moving. At that same time I decided I wanted the epidural cause the contractions were already killing my back and were about 3-4 mins apart. The epidural worked great, when it was working!!!! For some reason it kept wearing off and they had to keep giving me bigger doses to keep up with my contractions. By early morning the next day they decided to up my pitocin, break my water and give me a bigger dose in my epidural all at the same time. Right after they did this I felt like a was going to pass out and was nauseated like crazy all the sudden, and not five seconds later did 15 people come rushing in our room giving me oxygen, turning me and making me get on my hands and knees to try and get things back to normal. I guess my blood pressure had dropped extremely low and the babies heart rate was dropping at the same time. After things calmed down it was the middle of the day and I was still only dilated to about a 2! Hours later I was finally at a five and they had informed us that Addie had pooped while still inside me so they were going to have to watch her when she came out to make sure she did not inhale it into her lungs. Also my blood pressure and her heart rate kept going up and down so it was a little scary. My epidural had started to wear off again and I was having contractions one minute apart and piggybacking each other so they gave me a larger dose again. About ten mins later my doctor came in to check me and I was dilated to a ten! They warned us that Addie may be sleepy when she came out because of all the meds they had just given me. They had me start pushing and then they realized that she was transverse so they tried to turn her, but of course she was stubborn and would not turn. Her head was so far down the birth canal that they decided instead of a C-section they would pull her out with forceps because her heart rate was pretty low. They finally got her out at 5:38 pm and she was pretty pale and had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and her body once, and the biggest cone head I have ever seen! I didn't even get to see her and Bryson couldn't cut the cord cause they rushed her over to about 4 pediatricians who were ready to work on her. Bryson went over with her to watch and things were a little scary for a bit as they suctioned everything out of her and tried to get her heartrate and everything stable. After about fifteen minutes or so they let me see her for a minute or two before they took her down to the nursery. Bryson went down with her and made sure everything was ok. After awhile they moved us into a different room and to our surprise they let Addie stay in our room that night with us, because she was doing so well!!! So needless to say, regardless of a few hiccups and 21 hours of labor, we had a happy healthy little girl!!!! It was all worth it of course and one of the most amazing experiences of my life!!!!
5 comments:
wow! what an ordeal! that must have been so hard to have all that happening on top of labor, and then not being able to see your baby right after she comes out!!! But i am so glad that everything turned out great! She really is beautiful and I am so happy for you! congratulations!
I had no idea there had been so much drama! How scary! At least everything worked out and she is doing good. I am trying not to call you yet cuz I'm sure everything is still crazy with you guys. Maybe in a week or two...
Funny how it things go completely different than you expected! And no two births are the same. I'm glad you got the epidural early, your labor was way too long!
Isn't labor a crazy thing! I know how scary it can be, Kodi was born w/o a heart beat... no fun! I am happy to hear she is doing great! And cute as ever!
Wow girlie, thats a long labor my friend. I am glad that everything ended up okay, she is so worth it isn't she? Too cute!
Post a Comment